Mario Balotelli: I Think We Can Beat Them

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli insists he will let his form do the talking in Sunday’s top of the table clash against rivals Manchester United. After a run-in with the Aston Villa fans last weekend, the Italian is determined to keep his cool against a side he has had rows with before. During the FA Cup semi-final in March the hot-headed striker clashed with United captain Rio Ferdinand. But he…

October 21, 2011
Read More >>

Roberto Mancini Claims Sir Alex Ferguson Is His Inspiration

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini claims Sir Alex Ferguson is his inspiration as he prepares to take his team to Old Trafford to face the champions on Sunday. City are top of the table with a two-point advantage over Ferguson’s team after eight matches. They beat United in the FA Cup semi-final on the way to winning their first silverware in 35 years and are expected to launch a sustained…

October 21, 2011
Read More >>

Tevez Intends To Fight Further Punishment

Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez intends to fight a potential six-week suspension and £1.5 million fine. Tevez, 27, is set to attend a hearing over his alleged refusal to come on as a substitute in City’s 2-0 Champions League loss at Bayern Munich last month. The Argentina striker denies that he was unwilling to enter the fray at the Allianz Arena, instead insisting that the disagreement was over his refusal…

October 19, 2011
Read More >>

Mancini Unsure Over Tevez Future

Roberto Mancini has claimed he “doesn’t know” whether Carlos Tevez will play for Manchester City again. Journalists attending Mancini’s pre-planned briefing ahead of Saturday’s Premier League encounter with Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium were informed the subject of Tevez’s present disciplinary case was off limits. However, the Blues boss was still asked whether Tevez had a future with the club. “I don’t know,” said Mancini. Earlier, a City official…

October 14, 2011
Read More >>

Carlos Tevez Returns To Manchester City Duty

Striker Carlos Tevez has resumed life as a Manchester City player after serving a two-week ban. His suspension for allegedly refusing to play in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich has now expired and he turned up at the club’s training ground as expected just after 12.10pm. Tevez, accompanied by a companion, drove into the Carrington complex and was met by two of the club’s security staff when he…

October 13, 2011
Read More >>

Corinthians Set To Make Another Bid For Carlos Tevez

Corinthians president Andres Sanches says the club are set to make another bid for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. This time, however, the offer is set to be much lower than the 40 million pounds which was offered last summer. Tevez is set to find out his fate at City after club officials met following his alleged refusal to go on to the pitch against Bayern Munich in a Champions…

October 12, 2011
Read More >>