TagsAlex Ferguson Andre Villas-Boas Andy Carroll Arsene Wenger Carlo Ancelotti Carlos Tevez Cesc Fabregas Cristiano Ronaldo David de Gea David Luiz Didier Drogba Dimitar Berbatov Edwin van der Sar Emmanuel Adebayor Fabio Capello Fernando Torres Frank Lampard Harry Redknapp Jack Wilshere Javier Hernandez John Terry Jose Mourinho Karim Benzema Kenny Dalglish Lionel Messi Luis Suarez Luka Modri? Mario Balotelli Michael Essien Nemanja Vidic Nicolas Anelka Paul Scholes Pep Guardiola Rio Ferdinand Roberto Mancini Robin Van Persie Roman Abramovich Roy Hodgson Ryan Giggs Samir Nasri Sergio Aguero Sir Alex Ferguson Wayne Rooney Wojciech Szczesny Yossi Benayoun
News from around Europe
- Madrid and Juve stretch leads, City suffer shockReal Madrid CF and Juventus both moved further clear of their rivals on a weekend when Manchester City FC slumped out of the FA Cup to second-tier Wigan Athletic FC.
- LOSC too strong for MontpellierLOSC Lille made it two wins in a row as Marko Baša and Nolan Roux helped them to a 2-0 home success against Montpellier Hérault SC to move four points clear in third spot in Ligue 1.
- Madrid extend cushion with Levante successReal Madrid CF have built a three-point lead in the Liga thanks to a 3-0 triumph at home against Levante UD, Cristiano Ronaldo heading in an early opener for the capital side.
- Asamoah guides Juventus past FiorentinaKwadwo Asamoah’s winner earned Juventus a 1-0 success against ACF Fiorentina to move the Bianconeri 14 points clear of AS Roma, who fell to a 1-0 defeat at SSC Napoli.
- Wigan stun City to book Arsenal showdownHolders Wigan Athletic FC booked an FA Cup semi-final tie against Arsenal FC after shocking Manchester City FC 2-1 away, while Hull City AFC and Sheffield United FC also advanced.
- Clinical Kehl clinches Dortmund winBorussia Dortmund cemented themselves in second spot in the Bundesliga as Sebastian Kehl’s winner earned a 1-0 success at SC Freiburg, who remain second bottom.
- Aktobe seal Kazakh Super Cup success“You never get tired of winning trophies,” said FC Aktobe midfielder Timur Kapadze after his side edged FC Shakhter Karagandy 1-0 to lift their third Kazakh Super Cup in Astana.
- Season over for Leverkusen's HegelerBayer 04 Leverkusen midfielder Jens Hegeler looks destined to miss the rest of the 2013/14 campaign after sustaining an injury to his right ankle in domestic action on Saturday.
- Stuttgart replace Schneider with StevensBundesliga strugglers VfB Stuttgart have parted ways with coach Thomas Schneider, bringing in Dutchman Huub Stevens to lead the club’s attempt to stave off relegation.
- Zapata's Milan dream coming trueCristián Zapata tells UEFA.com about his wish to emulate Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi and Alessandro Nesta by lifting the European Cup from the heart of AC Milan’s defence.
- Di Natale heaps further misery on MilanAntonio Di Natale’s 185th top-flight goal settled matters as Udinese Calcio consigned AC Milan to back-to-back Serie A defeats for the first time this season.
- Chelsea defeat Tottenham, Arsenal progressChelsea FC exploited a series of defensive errors to defeat ten-man Tottenham Hotspur FC 4-0 and move seven points clear, after Arsenal FC had reached the FA Cup semi-finals.
- Lavezzi at the double for peerless ParisEzequiel Lavezzi scored twice as Paris Saint-Germain won 3-0 at SC Bastia to maintain their eight-point advantage over AS Monaco FC, who were also victorious.
- Valladolid stun Barcelona, Atlético go joint topJuventus loanee Fausto Rossi scored his first top-flight goal as Real Valladolid CF stunned FC Barcelona, while Club Atlético de Madrid moved top with success at RC Celta de Vigo.
- Sweet 16 for runaway leaders BayernFC Bayern München scored five goals in 17 minutes as they recovered to win 6-1 at VfL Wolfsburg and set a new Bundesliga record of 16 consecutive victories.
- Fàbregas looks to fulfil Barcelona's dutyEight years after finishing a runner-up with Arsenal FC, Cesc Fàbregas is still craving his maiden UEFA Champions League title – now with FC Barcelona: “The club of my life.”
- Zoff recalls 1990 success with JuventusA UEFA Cup winner with Juventus as player and coach, Dino Zoff relives the 1990 triumph against ACF Fiorentina – the Bianconeri’s round of 16 opponents, starting on Thursday.
- Great UEFA Champions League comebacksThe likes of Manchester City FC, Arsenal FC and FC Zenit suffered chastening last-16 losses, but even three-goal first-leg defeats can be turned around …
- Youth League quarter-finalists eye Nyon ticketParis Saint-Germain and Real Madrid CF kick off the quarter-finals on Tuesday striving to become the first side to book a place in Nyon for the climax to the UEFA Youth League.
- Goalkeeper Adán secures long-term Betis dealAfter signing a new contract tying him to Real Betis Balompié until 2017, goalkeeper Antonio Adán said he was thrilled to commit to a club “with an incredible fan base”.
- Matuidi and Panathinaikos leave their markBlaise Matuidi’s first goal for France and a famous Panathinaikos FC win figure alongside wise hedgehogs and panzer tanks in UEFA.com’s whistle-stop tour of the last week.
- Summit meetings dominate weekend agendaFirst plays second in Bulgaria, Montenegro, Greece and Czech Republic this weekend, while Tottenham Hotspur FC look to scratch a 24-year itch and Juventus have a dress-rehearsal.
- The one everyone wantsThe UEFA Champions League has eluded the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimović, Ronaldo, Michael Ballack and Fabio Cannavaro, but who is the best player never to have won it?
- Valencia's Ricardo Costa out of Ludogorets tieA badly swollen right leg will prevent Valencia CF defender Ricardo Costa playing in his team’s UEFA Europa League round of 16 tie against Bulgaria’s PFC Ludogorets Razgrad.
- Arsenal's Wilshere breaks foot with EnglandJack Wilshere will miss the second leg of Arsenal FC’s round of 16 tie with FC Bayern München after being ruled out for more than six weeks due to a broken foot.