TagsAlex Ferguson Andre Villas-Boas Andy Carroll Arsene Wenger Carlo Ancelotti Carlos Tevez Cesc Fabregas Cristiano Ronaldo David de Gea David Luiz Didier Drogba Dimitar Berbatov Edwin van der Sar Emmanuel Adebayor Fabio Capello Fernando Torres Frank Lampard Harry Redknapp Jack Wilshere Javier Hernandez John Terry Jose Mourinho Karim Benzema Kenny Dalglish Lionel Messi Luis Suarez Luka Modri? Mario Balotelli Michael Essien Nemanja Vidic Nicolas Anelka Paul Scholes Pep Guardiola Rio Ferdinand Roberto Mancini Robin Van Persie Roman Abramovich Roy Hodgson Ryan Giggs Samir Nasri Sergio Aguero Sir Alex Ferguson Wayne Rooney Wojciech Szczesny Yossi Benayoun
News from around Europe
- European Qualifiers squad announcementsJoachim Löw has named Philipp Lahm’s successor as captain of Germany, while Fabio Quagliarella and Angelo Ogbonna have been called up by Italy’s Antonio Conte.
- Self-sufficient Malmö look well setMalmö FF’s team that reached the UEFA Champions League group stage had ten local players – taking part in the UEFA Youth League should ensure future success too.
- Zenit striker Hulk out for four to six weeksFC Zenit will face SL Benfica and AS Monaco FC in their first two Group C games without Hulk, who could be sidelined till mid-October by a thigh injury sustained at the weekend.
- Rejuvenated Sporting look to the futureA resurgent Sporting Clube de Portugal are back among Europe’s elite after a six-year absence and boast an exciting young team despite some key departures.
- Given has 'unfinished business' with Ireland“There was unfinished business,” said Shay Given after the Republic of Ireland goalkeeper ended a two-year international retirement, admitting: “I missed the buzz.”
- New-look qualifiers begin road to FranceThe European Qualifiers kick off this weekend, with Spain launching their defence among 25 matches taking place between Sunday and Tuesday. We pick out the highlights.
- UEFA Champions League transfer round-upThe transfer window has closed and UEFA.com has extensive details of squad changes at the 32 UEFA Champions League clubs, including several notable deadline-day deals.
- UEFA Europa League transfer round-upUEFA.com rounds up a hectic summer of transfer activity at the 48 clubs who will compete in the group stage, including all the updates from Monday’s deadline day.
- The new breed of young talent at BarcelonaMunir El Haddadi and Sandro Rodríguez look to be leading a new vanguard of young talent that hints at a bright future for FC Barcelona, writes Richard Martin.
- Cerci aims to join Italy's past leading lights in SpainWith Club Atlético de Madrid having signed Alessio Cerci from Torino FC, UEFA.com looks at previous Italian players who excelled during their time in Spain’s top flight.
- Madrid take Hernández on loan from UnitedUEFA Champions League holders Real Madrid CF have added to their options by bringing in striker Javier Hernández on a season-long loan deal from Manchester United FC.
- SPORTFIVE's EURO 2016 corporate hospitality dealHamburg-based SPORTFIVE has been appointed as the exclusive sales agency for UEFA EURO 2016 in Austria, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
- Paderborn playing it cool after Hamburg success“We will enjoy the moment, but we will carry on keeping our feet on the ground,” said SC Paderborn coach André Breitenreiter after his team’s 3-0 victory at Hamburger SV.
- A week to go: European Qualifiers explainedOn Sunday the first ‘Week of Football’ of the UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying round begins – UEFA.com lifts the lid on a new concept for the international game.
- Mitroglou rejoins much-changed Olympiacos“I can only promise to do what I do best: score goals” said Kostas Mitroglou after returning “home” to Olympiacos FC in search of form – there have been some changes, though.
- Mixed fortunes for European heavyweightsReal Madrid CF and Manchester City FC both lost and FC Bayern München were held on a weekend that brought six goals for Chelsea FC and three for Zlatan Ibrahimović.
- Real Sociedad stun Madrid as Barça scrape winReal Sociedad de Fútbol ended a bad week on an almighty high as they came from 2-0 down to stun Real Madrid CF on a memorable day for FC Barcelona youngster Sandro Ramírez.
- Paris punish St-Étienne, Bordeaux drop pointsZlatan Ibrahimović scored a hat-tick as Paris Saint-Germain defeated AS Saint-Étienne 5-0 on a day when leaders FC Girondins de Bordeaux lost their unblemished record.
- Milan make waves, Di Natale makes hayAC Milan recorded a 3-1 win against SS Lazio in their first Serie A outing under Filippo Inzaghi, before Antonio Di Natale struck twice to help Udinese Calcio see off Empoli FC.
- Schalke shorn of Santana for Group G startFC Schalke 04 paid a high price for Saturday’s draw against FC Bayern München, with Felipe Santana set to miss the start of their UEFA Champions League campaign.
- Varna complete Futsal Cup main round lineupBulgarian side FC Grand Pro Varna completed the UEFA Futsal Cup main round lineup after beating Uni Futsal Bulle to top preliminary round Group H, the last to finish.
- Mainz held by Hannover, Freiburg claim pointThere were no goals in the Bundesliga on Sunday for the first time since 2001 as 1. FSV Mainz 05 drew with Hannover 96 and SC Freiburg thwarted VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- Liverpool dismantle Spurs, Leicester hold ArsenalLiverpool FC dominated Tottenham Hotspur FC in a 3-0 victory at White Hart Lane on Mario Balotelli’s debut, while Leicester City FC held Arsenal FC to a 1-1 draw.
- Shinji Kagawa's best Dortmund momentsFollowing Shinji Kagawa’s return to Borussia Dortmund from Manchester United FC, UEFA.com picks out some of the highlights from his first stint with the club.
- Torres out to join Spanish successes in ItalyFollowing confirmation of Fernando Torres’s move to AC Milan, Roberta Radaelli looks back at how five of the most famous Spaniards to have played in Serie A fared.