TagsAlex Ferguson Andre Villas-Boas Andy Carroll Arsene Wenger Carlo Ancelotti Carlos Tevez Cesc Fabregas Cristiano Ronaldo David de Gea David Luiz Didier Drogba Dimitar Berbatov Edwin van der Sar Emmanuel Adebayor Fabio Capello Fernando Torres Frank Lampard Harry Redknapp Jack Wilshere Javier Hernandez John Terry Jose Mourinho Karim Benzema Kenny Dalglish Lionel Messi Luis Suarez Luka Modri? Mario Balotelli Michael Essien Nemanja Vidic Nicolas Anelka Paul Scholes Pep Guardiola Rio Ferdinand Roberto Mancini Robin Van Persie Roman Abramovich Roy Hodgson Ryan Giggs Samir Nasri Sergio Aguero Sir Alex Ferguson Wayne Rooney Wojciech Szczesny Yossi Benayoun
News from around Europe
- Hungary finish on a flourishIsrael 1-2 Hungary
First-half goals from Zsolt Kalmár and Norbert Balogh gave the hosts a win that secured third place in Group A at their opponents’ expense.
- Perfect Portugal beat Austria to top spotAustria 1-2 Portugal
Tournament debutant Romário Baldé scored the winner, four minutes from time, as Hélio Sousa’s charges topped Group A with a 100% record.
- Drogba's greatest UEFA Champions League hitsWith Didier Drogba returning to Chelsea FC, UEFA.com recalls five of his top UEFA Champions League moments, including two hat-tricks and a final-winning penalty.
- Didier Drogba returns to ChelseaDidier Drogba has rejoined Chelsea FC on a one-year contract from Galatasaray AŞ, two years after his penalty secured a UEFA Champions League triumph for the Blues.
- U19 finals: latest updates from HungaryAustria and Portugal are meeting for first place in Group A with Germany, Ukraine and Serbia all hoping to join them in the semi-finals later. Our MatchCentre has all the action.
- Benfica overhaul gives Jesus food for thoughtSL Benfica may have lost Ezequiel Garay and Lazar Marković among other talents this summer, but Jorge Jesus is confident of building another team befitting of “this great club”.
- FH and Stjarnan do Iceland proudFH Hafnarfjördur and Stjarnan – the unbeaten top two in Iceland – carried their form into Europe, eliminating FC Neman Grodno and Motherwell FC respectively on Thursday.
- Miedema takes hat-trick in her assured strideDutch hat-trick heroine Vivianne Miedema is an enigmatic presence, the striker born to score goals who does not celebrate them. Defenders in Norway are finding her just as elusive.
- Ranieri joins band of Italian national team coachesFollowing Claudio Ranieri’s appointment by Greece, UEFA.com looks at how some notable compatriots fared in their roles as European national team coaches.
- Ireland's semi-final adventure: behind the scenesUEFA.com spent the day inside the Republic of Ireland camp as they met the Netherlands for a place in the final of the UEFA European Women’s Under-19 Championship.
- Caldentey: the Ireland defeat made us strongerMaría Caldentey talks to UEFA.com about the fine volley that took Spain through to Sunday’s final and the opening-day loss that helped train hearts and minds.
- Lithuania hoping for milestone campaignWinger Arvydas Novikovas thinks “Lithuania would become a football country” if they come through UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying to reach their first major international tournament.
- Does Ryazantsev's rocket win your vote?Aleksandr Ryazantsev set FC Rubin Kazan on their way to a shock 2-1 win at FC Barcelona in October 2009 with a stunning long-range strike, a goal he reminisces about here.
- Watch highlights of the Norway v Spain semi-finalWatch the pick of the action from Thursday’s semi-final, including the sweetly-struck volley from María Caldentey that set Spain on course for a 2-0 victory over the hosts.
- Elfsborg and Rosenborg relieved to get throughIF Elfsborg rode their luck, Rosenborg BK made amends, while FC Chikhura Sachkere and Víkingur earned landmark wins in the second qualifying round deciders.
- UEFA Europa League third qualifying round lineupFK Mladá Boleslav will meet Olympique Lyonnais and SKN St Pölten are taking on PSV Eindhoven as the third qualifying round lineup comes into focus.
- Dutch sink Ireland with Miedema masterclassIreland 0-4 Netherlands
Vivianne Miedema struck a superb hat-trick to inspire the Dutch past David Connell’s side and into Sunday’s final against Spain.
- Spain edge past hosts Norway and into finalNorway 0-2 Spain
María Caldentey’s goal 19 minutes from time and a late Marta Turmo effort were enough to end home hopes and put Spain in the final.
- Matchday three: what you need to knowUEFA.com looks ahead to the concluding group games with plenty at stake in all four games and Austria, Hungary and Serbia all needing wins to achieve their aims.
- Bytyqi bowled over by Austrian success“We’re three games away from the title,” Manchester City FC’s Sinan Bytyqi told UEFA.com with his Austria side delighted to be causing a stir back home.
- Switzerland without Derdiyok for seven monthsEren Derdiyok has sustained a serious right knee injury in training with Kasımpaşa SK and will definitely miss Switzerland’s first four UEFA EURO 2016 qualifiers.
- Tsonev: Bulgaria have saved best for lastWith Bulgaria having had plenty of chances but drawn a blank in their two matches so far, Radoslav Tsonev tells UEFA.com: “Maybe we’ve kept our goals for the last game?”
- Gelson Martins promises no Portugal let-upHaving scored a stunning solo goal on matchday two, winger Gelson Martins says Portugal are not about to ease off, telling UEFA.com: “We’re here to win every match.”
- Israel travails no problem for PeretzIsrael captain Dor Peretz has remained philosophical despite two Group A defeats and early elimination, saying: “I think what has happened was meant to happen.”
- Meet Spain's team behind the team in NorwayFrom a 20-year-old at his first finals to a chef with ten UEFA European Championships and FIFA World Cups under his belt – meet Spain’s backroom staff.
- Hungary finish on a flourishIsrael 1-2 Hungary