1. Diego Armando Maradona was born on the outskirts of Buenos Aires on the thirtieth of October 1960.
2. Diego Maradona has given ninety one performances for Argentinean national duty and scored thirty four goals during this endeavour.
3. He has the honour of being one of the few people in history that have played in four World Cup tournaments for their country.
4. In 1982 Diego Maradona took the Boca Juniors to the league championship, right before making a move to Barcelona Football Club. Then in 1984, he made a move to Napoli and gave them their only two Serie A titles that they have won to date – in 1987 and 1990.
5. El Diego holds the record for making the most appearances as captain of any country in a World Cup as this player lead his team sixteen times.
6. He has made a total of twenty one appearances in World Cup Tournaments.
7. Diego Maradona made his professional football debut as a 15 year old and this happened with the Argentinos Juniors on twentieth of October 1976.
8. Diego Maradona was also a part of the Argentinean youth squad that won the Youth World Cup in 1979 that took place in Japan.
9. On the twenty seventh of February 1977, a sixteen year old Maradona made his international debut in a friendly fixture against Hungary in Buenas Aires at the Bombonera stadium.
10. Maradona has a tattoo of the Argentinean Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara on his left arm.
11. Maradona still has the record for sustaining the most fouls in a World Cup and that is fifty three during the World Cup in Mexico in 1986.
12. He also has the record for the most number of fouls sustained in a single game in a World Cup and this is when Italy fouled Diego Maradona twenty three times in the 1982 tournament.
13. Diego Maradona captained Argentina to the 1986 World Cup glory when he triumphed over West Germany in the final with the score boards reading three to two.
14. Diego Maradona has also won the Golden Ball for being the World Cup tournament’s most outstanding player.
15. Diego scored a goal using his hand in the quarter-final of the World Cup in 1986 in a match against England. When he was later questioned about the incident, he commented on the matter by saying that the goal was netted a bit by his head and a bit by the ‘hand of god.’
16. He has also won the Serie A title with Napoli in 1987 season; he repeated this action in 1990 and has also won the UEFA Cup with them in 1989.
17. In the 1994 World Cup that took place in USA, Diego Maradona participated in only two games from which he scored a single goal against Greece as the player was sent packing because of failing a doping test.
18. Diego Maradona got married to Claudia Villafane on the seventh of November 1989 in Buenos Aires, but sadly the couple got divorced in 2004.
19. In 2005, Maradona started to host a talk show on Argentinean television with Pele appearing as his main guest in the very first episode.
20. El Diego was also confirmed as the manager of Argentina in October of 2008.
21. During his time as manager, Argentina had to endure their worst defeat ever as they lost six to one to Bolivia in the World Cup qualifier rounds. And when his side qualified for the tournament, the manager responded by making some outlandish and coheres comments for the people who did not believe in his skills as a manager, this also led to FIFA banning him for two months.
Article Continued In Part 2.